This Endowment Trust Fund has been established to honor Mr. & Mrs. Ameer Ahmed Siddiqui, beloved parents who were firmly committed to universal education, especially for women. They sent their children abroad for higher studies with a memento: “paivasta reh shajer se, umeed e bahaar rakh” (hold on to the tree and hope for spring).
1. The donor, Professor Dr. Rukhsana A. Siddiqui (or her nominee) is chair of the fund. The committee includes: the Dean of the Faculty of Social Sciences, Chairs of relevant departments and the Treasurer of Quaid-i-Azam University (QAU).
2. The initial and stated purpose of this fund is to pay tuition-fees for students of QAU who are female and financially disadvantaged.
3. Although priority will be given to MPhil & MSc students of the School of Politics and International Relations (SPIR); students from Economics and Business Administration departments are also eligible to apply.
4. The scholarship will be for regular students, NOT for self-financed students.
5.Since children of QAU employees do not pay tuition, they will not be eligible to apply.
6.The scholarship will cover tuition-fees for 2 semesters only, provided the student maintains the GPA of at least 3.0 per semester. Only MSc II, III and IV semester students will be eligible for the scholarship. MPhil students will be eligible during coursework only.
7.The scholarship will be awarded on merit among those who qualify on the basis of financial need (with a minimum GPA of 3.0). Relevant departments shall prepare a merit-list of eligible students in this regard.
8. Those students who have lost one or both parents will receive special consideration in the selection process for the award of the scholarship.
9.Evidence of financial need will be provided by the student under existing QAU rules.
10.As a recipient of this scholarship the student will be eligible only for ONE other scholarship. If a student is found to be a recipient of multiple other scholarships in addition to this one, her scholarship shall be terminated and she will be asked for a refund.
11.The Mr. & Mrs. Ameer Ahmed Siddiqui Endowment Fund Committee appreciates that recipients of this scholarship may kindly acknowledge the assistance they received in their future resumés and CVs.