Workshop on ‘Communication Skills’
To enhance the teaching skills of the faculty of Quaid-i-Azam University, three day training workshop on “Communication Skills” was conducted from 19-21 Sep, 2012 at the Seminar Hall of Central Library, organized by Department of Linguistics, QAU.
The objectives are to make participants:
• Develop communication skills by understanding the communication barriers.
• Learn the art of imparting knowledge through effective style.
• Develop effective speaking skills with good nonverbal communication.
• Strike the right balance between their IQ and EQ by improving self-perception and image.
• Understand the communication problems of learners.
• Improve the way teachers see their selves through self-confidence.
From different departments of QAU, 20 participants (with less than five years teaching experience) were nominated for participation. There were 5 resource persons who are the certified master-trainers by HEC. On the closing ceremony, Prof. Dr. Masoom Yasinzai, Vice-Chancellor Quaid-i-Azam University distributed shields and certificates among the resource persons and participants.