Applications from Pakistani/foreign nationals are invited for admission to MPhil/MS programme of the University in the following disciplines latest by 13.01.2017
Faculty of Biological Sciences
|S #||Discipline||Area of Study||Requirement|
|1.||Animal Sciences||Genetics, Physiology, Reproductive Physiology, Parasitology, Endocrinology. Molecular Biology, Fisheries and Aqua Culture.||MPhil in any discipline of Zoology/Animal Sciences/ Biotechnology/Biochemistry (except Plant Sciences)/ from the HEC recognized university. MBBS/DVM are eligible.|
|2.||Biochemistry||Biochemistry/Molecular Biology/Molecular Genetics.||MPhil or equivalent in any field of Biochemical/ Biological/Medical/Pharmaceutical or related sciences.|
|3.||Bioinformatics||Comparative and Evolutionary Genomics, Structural Proteomics, Software Development, Functional Genomics, Molecular Modeling, QM simulation, protein-protein interaction.||MPhil or equivalent in Bioinformatics/Molecular Biology from HEC recognized university.|
|4.||Environmental Sciences||(1) Environmental Biology, Ecotoxicology, Environmental Health (2) Environmental Geochemistry, Hydrology (3) Environmental Biotechnology, Environmental Remediation (4) Chemical Stress Ecology, Environmental Risk Assessment, Aquatic-toxicology (5) Clean Energy, Batteries, Fuel Cells (6) Nano-Catalysis for Environmental and Energy.||MPhil or equivalent in any field of Biological/ Chemical/Environmental Sciences from the HEC recognized university.|
|5.||Microbiology||Applied and Environmental Microbiology, Medical Microbiology, Veterinary Microbiology, Food Microbiology and Immunology.||MPhil or equivalent in Microbiology or any field of Biology/Medical/Veterinary and related Sciences from the HEC recognized university.|
|6.||Plant Sciences||Plant Biochemistry & Molecular Biology, Genetics, Molecular Plant Pathology, Plant Systematics and Biodiversity, Plant Ecology & Conservation, Plant Microbe Interaction.||MPhil or equivalent in any discipline of Biological Sciences/Botany/Horticulture from the HEC recognized university.|
|7.||Pharmacy||1) Pharmaceutics 2) Pharmacy Practice, 3) Pharmacognosy 4) Pharm. Chemistry 5) Pharmacology.||MPhil in relevant subject with basic degree in Pharmacy from the HEC recognized university.|
Faculty of Natural Sciences
|S #||Discipline||Area of Study||Requirement|
|1.||Chemistry||Inorganic/ Analytical Chemistry: Organometallic Chemistry, Co-ordination Chemistry, Organic/ Inorganic Materials, Bio-inorganic Chemistry, Polymer Chemistry. Organic Chemistry: Organic Synthesis, Natural Products, Reaction Mechanism, Heterocyclic Compounds, Photochemistry, Organic Polymers.
Physical Chemistry:Material Sciences, Surface and Solid State Chemistry, Molecular Spectroscopy, (Radiation Chemistry, Electro-Chemistry), Chemical Kinetics, Polymer Chemistry, Solution Chemistry, Nano Technology, Colloids and Surfactants.
|MPhil or equivalent in the relevant field of Chemistry from HEC recognized university.|
|2.||Computer Science||Human Information Interaction, Knowledge Engineering, Networking and Communication.||MPhil in Computer Science or computing related discipline or MS (18 years) in Computer Science or computing related discipline from HEC recognized university.|
|3.||Electronics||Wave Propagation and Scattering, Complex Media, High Frequency Electromagnetics, Metamaterials, Information Theory, Communications and Signal Processing, Coding Theory, Image Processing, Embedded System, Microelectronics.||MPhil or equivalent in Electronics/ Physics/ Information Technology/Mathematics/ Computer Science/ Electrical Engineering/ Telecommunication Engineering/ Computer Engineering from the HEC recognized university.|
|4.||Mathematics||Relativity, Fluid Mechanics, Numerical Analysis, Astrophysics, Commutative Algebra, Wave-Motion, Fuzzy Algebraic Structures, Soft Sets and its applications, Functional analysis.||MPhil or equivalent in Mathematics from the HEC recognized university.|
|5.||Physics||Atomic and Molecular Physics, Semiconductor Physics, Plasma Physics, Magnetism and Nanomaterials, High-Tc Super Conductivity, Laser Physics, High Energy Physics and Cosmology, Particle Physics, Nuclear Physics, Condensed Matter Physics, Quantum Optics/Quantum, Information Theory, Computational Physics.||MPhil or equivalent in Physics from the HEC recognized university.|
|6.||Statistics||Survey Sampling, Mathematical Statistics, Linear Models, Applied Statistics, Geostatistics, Operation Research.||MPhil or equivalent in Statistics from the HEC recognized university.|
Faculty of Social Sciences
|S #||Discipline||Area of Study||Requirement|
|1.||American Studies||American Studies.||MPhil or equivalent in American Studies, International Relations, Political Science, Defence & Strategic Studies, History, Pakistan Studies, Mass Communication, English Literature, Anthropology, Sociology, Peace Studies & Economics from HEC recognized university.|
|2.||Anthropology||Cultural Change and Development, Ethnographic Studies, Cultural Diversity and Integration.||MPhil or equivalent in Anthropology, Sociology & Development Studies, Behavioural Sciences and Social Sciences from the HEC recognized university.|
|3.||Asian Studies||(i). Comparative Civilizations (Ancient)
(ii) Languages and Linguistics (Ancient)
(iii) Comparative Religions (Ancient)
(iv) Archaeology and Ancient History.
|MPhil or equivalent in Archaeology, Anthropology, History, Comparative Civilizations, Comparative Religions (Ancient), Languages and Linguistics (Ancient) and Fine Arts from HEC recognized university.|
|4.||Defence & Strategic Studies||International security, South Asia, Global Political Economy, Arms Control and Proliferation Issues.||MPhil in DSS/IR/South Asian Studies or its equivalent from HEC recognized university.|
|5.||Economics||Advance courses in Microeconomics and Macroeconomics, Econometrics, International/ Public/Monetary/Labour/ Development Economics and any specialization area of Economics including Micro.||MPhil or equivalent degree in Economics from HEC recognized university.|
|6.||History||South Asia. Pakistan Movement, Pakistan and Central Asia, Islamic History, History of Afghanistan.||MPhil or equivalent degree in History, Pakistan Studies, Political Science, International Relations, Sociology and other relevant subjects of Social Sciences from HEC recognized university.|
|7.||Pakistan Studies||Pakistan Studies (All topics in Social Sciences relating to Pakistan).||MPhil or its equivalent degree in any field of Social Sciences from HEC recognized university.|
- The minimum CGPA for admission is 3.0 (Semester System) or First Division (Annual System) in MPhil/ MS/equivalent degree from HEC recognized university
- A Govt. College/Public Sector University teacher or member of the research staff of a Govt. Research Organization who has shown undoubted promise for research and holds MA/MSc degree may be recommended by the Admission Committee for admission directly to PhD programme. However, the students must complete the course work required for MPhil/MS programme.
- No Objection Certificate from the organization/employer is required to be attached with Admission Data Summary Sheet and be routed through Proper Channel in case of in-service applicants.
- Students applying for admission are required to submit a copy of synopsis/research work. Admission will be given subject to the availability of the Supervisor in the field of research strictly according to HEC’s requirements.
- Those admitted shall have to complete/pass 18 credit hours course-work within four semesters as per university rules.
- Those admitted in PhD programme and not passed MPhil/MS/equivalent shall have to complete/pass 42 credit hours courses (24+18) within six semesters as per university rules.
- Admission to PhD programme is made on a competitive basis. The minimum period for completion of PhD Programme is three years whereas maximum period is seven years.
- The admission to PhD programme shall be made on the basis of cumulative merit to be determined from previous academic record, University written subject test and interview;
- Only the test pass applicants will appear before the interview /presentation of research proposals as per schedule of the Department/ Institute/ School/ Centre (DISC) concerned;
- The lists of the pass applicants shall be displayed on the notice boards of the relevant Department/ Institute/ School/ Centre (DISC);
- Applicants appearing in the Entry Test must bring original CNIC for identification;
- If a test date is declared as holiday or for any reason, the test will be conducted on the next working day.
- All applicants of PhD Physics are also required to appear in the written test as per schedule given below in the Department of Physics; however the candidates having a score in GRE (Physics) > 45% percentile would be exempted from Department test in Physics
- Applicants seeking admission in the following subjects are required to appear in the Entry Test on the date, time and venue mentioned below.
Written tests shall be held in the respective Departments/School/Institutes/Centres according to the following schedule:
|Sr.||Disciplines||Day||Date||Time||Venue at QAU|
|1.||Physics||Monday||16-01-2017||09:30 A.M.||Department of Physics|
|2.||Electronics||Tuesday||17-01-2017||09:30 A.M.||Department of Electronics|
|3.||American Studies||Tuesday||17-01-2017||09:30 A.M.||Area Study Centre (ASC)|
|4.||Asian Studies||Wednesday||18-01-2017||10:00 A.M.||Taxila Institute of Asian Civilization (TIAC)|
|5.||Pakistan Studies||Wednesday||18-01-2017||11:00 A.M.||National Institute of Pakistan Studies (NIPS)|
|6.||Anthropology||Thursday||19-01-2017||11:00 A.M.||Department of Anthropology|
|7.||Mathematics||Monday||23-01-2017||09:30 A.M.||Department of Mathematics|
|8.||Chemistry||Monday||23-01-2017||09:30 A.M.||Department of Chemistry|
|9.||Statistics||Monday||23-01-2017||09:30 A.M.||Department of Statistics|
|10.||D.S.S.||Monday||23-01-2017||10:00 A.M.||Department of D.S.S.|
|11.||History||Monday||23-01-2017||11:30 A.M.||Department of History|
|12.||Economics||Wednesday||25-01-2017||11:00 A.M.||School of Economics|
|13.||Computer Science||Thursday||26-01-2017||11:00 A.M.||Department of Computer Science|
|14.||Environmental Sciences||Wednesday||08-02-2017||19:30 A.M.||Department of Environmental Sciences|
|15.||Biochemistry||Thursday||09-02-2017||09:30 A.M.||Department of Biochemistry|
|16.||Pharmacy||Thursday||09-02-2017||09:30 A.M.||Department of Pharmacy|
|17.||Bioinformatics||Thursday||09-02-2017||10:30 A.M.||National Centre for Bioinformatics (NCB)|
|18.||Microbiology||Thursday||09-02-2017||11:30 A.M.||Department of Microbiology|
|19.||Plant Sciences||Friday||10-02-2017||09:30 A.M.||Department of Plant Sciences|
|20.||Animal Sciences||Friday||10-02-2017||10:30 A.M.||Department of Animal Sciences|
2.The applicants are advised to deposit the same in the Habib Bank Ltd. OR Askari Bank Ltd. in favour of the Treasurer, Quaid-i-Azam University, Islamabad (throughout the country with bank charges, non-refundable).
3.The Bank Challan should be attached with the downloaded Admission Data Summary Sheet along with other
requisite documents; otherwise the incomplete and late applications shall not be entertained
4.Admission Forms are not available at QAU Campus
5.One copy of the downloaded Admission Data Summary Sheet duly filled in and supported by the attested copies of educational testimonials i.e. Certificates and Degrees must be submitted directly to the Chairperson/ Director of Department/School/Institute/Centre by 13.01.2017 positively
6.For further details, please visit QAU website