The office of the University Advancement has recently been established in compliance with Higher Education Commission (HEC) directives in order to strengthening the QAU alumni and fund raising activities for uplifting of students and university.
The objectives of the Office of University Advancement is to present to the public and to all stakeholders a clear, consistent and focused message about the university’s mission, goals, priorities and performance that will increase public understanding and support for improving the quality and effectiveness of academic programs, research, and services. The ODUA is also responsible for the design, implementation and management of programs to raise funds for the university from sources other than the Government of Pakistan, with particular emphasis upon the corporate
sector, alumni, individual private donors and international partners.
Function of the of University Advancement Office
- University Advancement is responsible for creating awareness, building relationships and generating support for university.
- To accomplishment/achievements of goals through a strategic effort that incorporates strategic communications/ marketing, alumni relations, community and government relations, development, and resource planning and administration. These centers of excellence provide a bridge between the university and the community
- Responsible for the design, implementation and management of programs to raise funds for the university from sources other than the Government of Pakistan, with particular emphasis upon the corporate sector, alumni, individual private donors and international partners.
Duties/Responsibilities of Manager, University Advancement
The manager of the Office of Development and University Advancement (ODUA) is responsible for management and oversight of the operational and administrative functions that support the development and implementation of all communications, advancement and fund raising program.
- Manage the day to day functions and operations of University Advancement Office, including supervision of all staff.
- Recommend policies, procedures, and protocol for interaction with prospective donors.
- In consultation with the Registrar and stakeholders, develop annual and long term plans for increasing the activities and impact of University Advancement Office.
- In consultation with Registrar, design annual and long term goals for fund raising and appropriate metrics and timelines to measure progress.
- Develop and implement communications and marketing strategies and programs to communicate positive and accurate messages to potential friends and donors about the quality, potential and needs of the university.
- Develop various programs and mechanisms for encouraging donations to the university and recognizing the generosity of all who contribute to fund raising programs.
- Design MIS systems to track donors and their contributions and to guarantee proper stewardship and oversight of the use of donor funds.
- Be a highly visible ambassador for the university to the general public and potential donors, always seeking ways to increase public interest in and support for the university’s needs and priorities.
- Develop a format for regular progress reports for the Registrar and Vice Chancellor.
- Advise the Registrar on capacity development needs of staff.
Values of the University Advancement Office
- Transparency and Integrity.
- Fidelity to the fundamental purposes and unique character of the university in seeking donations and other forms of private support.
- Proper stewardship of all donations.
- Creative, energetic and partnership with families, communities, and the private sector to attract more private support for the university.
- Effective management and accountability in its use of resources and implementation of fund raising and other advancement programs.
- Constant improvement of programs and service