The admissions to courses leading to the degree of Master of Philosophy, abbreviated ‘MPhil/MS; are invited from all over Pakistan and admissions are made on the basis of merit. Eligible foreign students are admitted subject to a valid visa and NOC from HEC.
To be eligible for admission to MPhil, a candidate:
- Shall possess an MA/MSc degree or its equivalent in the relevant discipline.
- Shall have obtained first division in MA/MSc or BA/BSc or at least 60% marks in BS (Hons) and all other 4-5 years degrees.
- Shall not have obtained third division in BA/BSc or MA or MSc.
- In case of a third division in FA/FSc, the candidate should have obtained first division in both BA/BSc and MA/MSc; or at least 60% marks in BS (Hons) and all other 4-5 years degrees.
Provided that any of the conditions (ii) – (iv) above may be relaxed by the Vice-Chancellor in case of a teacher of a university/college and or an employee of a research organization.
- Shall have passed NTS GAT-General/ GRE-General with at least 50% accumulative score.